08 August 2006

it pays to have a dog



this is jade. she's my sister's dog.

my sister is moving house today, so we're looking after her.

after getting out of walking her this morning, by escaping to sainsbury's with my mum, i was roped into doing it this afternoon. i said yes because i realised i could sneak in a fag :D

so off to the park we went. it started off uneventful - avoiding other dogs and electric wheelchairs.

then i see this man jogging towards me. he's quite tall, and skinny and has bright red hair. now, while i realise this could be any random person, the only person i could think of to fit this description is mil millington - writer extraordinaire.

and indeed, mil millington it was. *squeals*

this might not seem very exciting to anyone else, but you have to understand i live in wolverhampton. we don't 'do' celebrities. or if we do it's old dudes from a novelty 70's band. or a weird dude from a novelty 90's one-hit wonder.

also, you have to understand that i LOVE mil millington. i think he is a genius.

i knew he lived here somewhere. i knew his kids go to my old primary school. everywhere i went i took an interest in men with bright red hair - just in case it was him. does that sound stalkerish?

anyway. i've very happy. and currently loving jade.

(and also ashamed i haven't bought his new book yet which came out a few months ago. is now top of my list of things to do)

3 comments:

Jules said...

I've heard of him! I think I was on his mailing list once. That's cool :D

sarasizzle said...

Things MY girlfriend and I have argued about:

1. Cotton wool
2. Rolos
3. Starburst vs Opal Fruit
4. The fact that she doesn't exist.

Rach, I've lost my marbles.

kaz said...

mil millington is the man. His new book is really really good, buy it! And I would have been equally as excited to have seen him in the flesh (as a fellow wolverhamptoner)